Welcome to the main site of Curt Sheller and Curt Sheller Publications. A small (me, myself and I) independent, by choice, publishing company catering to the needs of musicians, guitar players and ukulele players worldwide with the resources and information needed to develop as a musician. Curt Sheller Publications was created by Curt Sheller (me) in 1995 and has been on the web since. I have over 40 years of playing experience and I have been involved in private music education for the past 20 years.
With my re-introduction to the ukulele after a 20 year break and taking advantage of my jazz guitar skills, I began pursuing the potential of the ukulele. Researching the field I saw very little material organized at a level that works for intermediate to advanced players. I have developed an international reputation as a ukulele expert having written over 30 books on the subject of ukulele and over 10 books on guitar.
You can checkout my Music, Art, Publishing and Programming bios at: Bios. Have worn a lot of different hats over my adult working career – music and art has always been a big part of it.
Updates and new information posted just about everyday.
If I'm not teaching or gigging I'm working on the web site.
New Student and Site Membership Options
Two ways to get the greatest benefit from my site, the Curt Sheller Publications site and me, Curt Sheller.
I've had countless ukulele players at festivals and guitarists approach me and say, “I wish I lived closer to you. I'd love to take lessons.” With the Internet your as close as ever and can take advantage of my performance and teaching experience.
Monthly One-on-One Lesson Plans
Monthly One-on-One Lesson Plans with my Study with Curt! program. Details of the two possible monthly plans are available on the main page of the student section.
Annual Site Membership
A second way of taking advantage of is using an annual site subscription plan.
Monthly Membership Plan
6 Month Membership Plan
( One month FREE )
Annual Membership Plan
( Three months FREE )
With the Curt Sheller Publications Site Membership plan you'll get full access to select book downloads of mine for FREE, my Premium Play-along tracks, email access and a future student/site forum as well as the new premium lesson series downloads. The first of these premium lessons series are:
New Premium Lesson Series for Ukulele and General Music
With the amount of work that goes in to preparing quality material and lessons for the site, I've elected to limit the downloads to active students and site members. Visitors can still view the download file images at a reduces size. Members and Students can view larger on-line images when signed in. The actual download will contain the latest and most updated version of the lesson. Curt
- Building Your Core Strums for Ukulele - This series explores the common four strums that every ukulele player should know and builds on these to expands you strumming vocabulary to over 70 basic patterns. It all starts with this basic Quarter Note Strum
- Fingerpicking on Ukulele - Alternating Thumb Style - This series explores fingerpicking styles on ukulele starting with a through look at the Alternating Thumb style. This style was made famous by guitarists Merle Travis and Chet Atkins. You'll find this series of lessons to be the most complete and organized series of lessons offered anywhere, GUARANTEED.
- Harmonic Analysis - Harmonic Analysis is the process used to determine the harmonic function of chords within a chord progression or song. A chord progression is defined as a sequence of chords, each chord has a root and is a particular chord type. The relationship of a chord's to a scale determines its function within that scale's tonality.
- QuickStart Chord Progressions - The QUICKSTART Rhythm Section Play-along Tracks are 24 unique styles designed for learning to solo in variety of contemporary styles. Each track is devoted to a scale covered in the QUICKSTART Scale Fingerings for Lead Guitar (suitable for ANY instrument). There are four background tracks for each scale featuring the chords of the scale. These tracks give you the opportunity to explore the sound of each scale in a lead setting.
- Core Chords for Ukulele, The Big Six - From four F7 chord voicings or shapes, your can build your massive 4-part, a.k.a., “jazz” chord vocabulary. Beyond basic open position chords, basic movable form chords and a core set of 4-part chords. There are just too many chords shapes too memorize. Learning the principles of how chords are constructed and the ukulele fingerboard are the way to go. Then you can create more advanced chords like 9#11, 7#5-9, 13b5, 7+9 on the fly as needed.
New Releases, Updates and Changes
Checkout and bookmark the Updates and Changes pages for all the latest books, lessons, songs, listings and site goodies.
Visit the changes pages for the latest. With over TOTAL_PAGE pages of content on this site, it can get a little hard to track just what I have available, new, or updated. It's even hard for me to keep up. I have to search before I add new material.
Here is what Peter Rhee said about my (Curt Sheller) books.
"Just browsing over both books, they look fantastic! I'm a guitarist and uke player for over 25 years and was thinking about writing a ukulele book but you've already written what I think are the best, most comprehensive and thorough books I've ever seen for the instrument. I just might end up buying every book you've written and I'll be giving my highest recommendation for your books to my friends and students. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great books!" - Peter Rhee